Monday, July 11, 2011

Suprising twist in the house hunt

I had given up on the house I offered on. Practially forgotten about it, even. Two days can do wonders at changing one's attitude. Ended up having a fantastic July 4 weekend. Sun was finally shining down on Western WA, elevating everyone's spirits. So you can imagine my suprise when I rolled out of bed at 9:30 on Tuesday morning (sun, fireworks and beer for the grownups make for late mornings) to find an email AND a voicemail from my real estate agent saying that the seller (aka Fannie Mae) countered MY offer, even though mine was 2nd. Turns out the agent was right, my large down payment made for a strong offer. Only catch was that I had to match the highest offer. It was a little high for my liking, but still within range. So after taking a few hours and discussing it with P, I decided to go for it!

At this point the inspection has been completed and it needs a new roof (no surprise there) and there are a few minor problems but nothing that can't be fixed or that are deal breakers. We are going to try and get the bank to pony up for a new roof since I am paying quite a bit over the list price. Next up, getting the financing in order - I won't bore you with the details of that.

It seems that I am actually buying a house! 3 years ago when I was contemplating a divorce and the time since that I have been a "single" parent (on paper at least) have been so full of change for me. I never thought that 3 years post divorce I would be in such a good place in my life. Even if something were to happen and this house fell through (again) I will still be greatful that I have come this far all on my own. And having the support of a GOOD man who supports me in every way makes a huge difference.

P is looking at maps and planning and plotting where to put things. It is hard not to catch his enthusiasm but I don't want to be completely crushed if it falls through. But I might as well join him in obsessing and planning, since that is the way I usually roll anyhow! I'm still hesistant to start boxing things up, although he has brought home some fantastic boxes from work.

Starting to get excited butterflies in my tummy!

~T

No comments:

Post a Comment