Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So much to do, so little light

Wow, has it really been over a month since we last posted? There is just so much to do and the light is fading so fast. I get home from work and if I'm lucky have a couple hours of daylight to pack outdoor chores into.

The last month has seen the yard transform from a jumble of clutter to a tidy yard. We brought all the plants over from the old place, which entailed LOTS of digging. P spent most of his week long vacation digging up plants. Most of them are now in the ground, except for berries (which we need to find a space for) and dahlias (which need to overwinter in the barn) and a few odds and ends.

We got our heat pump fixed, so we finally have heat. No longer do we need to wear coats in the house.

We got two new kittens. There are plenty of mice for them to catch, but they seem to be happy to be house cats. They go outside for a while but are very happy to be inside, which is more than I can say for the other two cats who whine and complain if they don't get to go outside whenever they want.

Still waiting for the goats to go into heat. I'm starting to wonder if they are planning on taking a year off. If they do I will NOT be pleased and may have to buy MORE goats so I have milk in the spring. I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Things are starting to slow down for winter, something I am really looking forward to.

~T

No comments:

Post a Comment